Last Updated: May 24, 2018
This policy will encapsulate the below information and is intended to follow the GDPR compliance standards.
PERSONAL DATA THE LANE GROUP COLLECTS
In the course of providing its Services, The Lane Group collects, uses and discloses PII / personal data. PII / Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You, as traveler, meeting attendee or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, including, without limitation:
• Names and contact information (work/office/home/mobile phone, fax, email/physical/mailing address);
• Traveler/attendee arranger and emergency contact names and information;
• Traveler/attendee preferences and trip/meeting details (e.g. routings, class of service, seat preferences, frequent flyer data, meal preferences, hotel/rail/car and other ground transportation membership data and preferences, special accommodation requests, other personal data supplied by you via your profiles, surveys, or other requests);
• Travel documentation (e.g. passport/visa/driver’s license number, TSA number, citizenship, date of birth, gender identity/sexual orientation, or the like);
• Payment data (corporate or personal credit cards) and Bank information; and
• Logins, User IDs, Employee Identifications, and Passwords.
HOW THE LANE GROUP COLLECTS & USES PERSONAL DATA
The Lane Group collects personal data:
• From you, directly, when you access various parts of our Services, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels;
• From other sources, for instance, the company of which you are an employee or are otherwise traveling or attending a meeting on behalf of (“Company”), including such Company’s third parties who may send us your personal data on your behalf or on your Company’s behalf;
• From the network of websites and applications accessible through or utilized by our Services and our company, including third party suppliers (e.g. registration, hotels, payment card providers) and our FWE–related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors and agents. This includes personal data we collect automatically through our websites and applications, for instance by using cookies and similar technologies.
The Lane Group collects and uses personal data to:
• Provide our Services and fulfill our obligations to your Company and travelers/attendees (e.g. complete and administer travel/meeting reservations, assist in managing the travel/meeting, provide reporting, provide notices about your account and the Services,);
• Communicate with you, for instance by email, direct mail, social media and phone or via The Lane Group’s website to provide you with customer service.
• Fulfill a request made by you or your Company (e.g. reporting, questions, or other requests about your personal data);
• • Generate anonymized or aggregated profiles and use such data for reporting and analytic purposes.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or other’s rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties).
WHO DOES THE LANE GROUP DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA TO AND WHY?
Personal data collected is shared with or disclosed to:
• The Lane Group and Companies The Lane Group uses to support its business who provide ancillary services
• Your Company for reporting, auditing, tracking and other purposes as necessary with your Company, including those of its personnel they request we send or make personal data available to;
• • Third-party service providers to complete travel and attendee arrangements and reservations and fulfill the Services (e.g. Global Distribution Systems (GDSs); airlines, trains, rental car and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise lines, destination management companies, and other related travel suppliers for booking/ticketing purposes; industry reporting authorities; equipment and technology vendors, including, without limitation, online booking tool providers, meeting registration software providers (including onsite and mobile event management solution providers), and audio visual companies; visa and passport providers; credit card companies and payment collection and processing companies);
DOES THE LANE GROUP DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA ACROSS BORDERS?
When sharing with or disclosing personal data to other parties, including to related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents who provide Services and maintain facilities, your personal data may be transferred to countries with data protection laws providing a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country.
HOW THE LANE GROUP STORES AND PROTECTS PERSONAL DATA
The Lane Group uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data The Lane Group holds on its systems from unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction and alteration. We conduct periodic reviews of our data collection, storage, processing and security measures to verify we are only collecting, storing and processing personal data that is required for our Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations. While we make every effort to protect the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorized activity related to your personal data. When using our Services, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
In order to protect your personal data, we kindly ask you to not send us credit card information or other similar personal data to us via email. We also encourage you to keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. If you are sharing a computer with anyone, you should log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your password and personal data from subsequent users. Please alert us immediately if you believe your password or any of your personal data has been misused. Please note, we will never ask you to disclose your password or credit card information in an unsolicited phone call or email.
HOW LONG DOES THE LANE GROUP KEEP MY PERSONAL DATA?
LINKS TO THIRD–PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
HOW THE LANE GROUP HANDLES “DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS
DOES THE LANE GROUP COLLECT PERSONAL DATA OF CHILDREN?
The Lane Group does not knowingly collect personal data from children. Individuals under 18 years of age should not use our Services to submit any personal data about themselves.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO MY PERSONAL DATA?
You may choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, your experience with some or all of our Services may be affected.
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to access your personal data and confirm the processing of your personal data. Also, where applicable, you have the right to rectify inaccuracies or errors, erase, restrict the processing, object to processing and withdraw consent to processing of your personal data, and where applicable, the right to data portability of your personal data. The Lane Group will handle such requests in the time specified by applicable law and where permitted by applicable law, may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to any such request.
HOW CAN I EXERCISE MY RIGHTS OR MAKE COMPLAINTS?
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal data. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in your country (if one exists in your country).